Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act of 2010.
The court may on the application to it on behalf of either of the Civil Partners or by any other person who in the opinion of court has a sufficient interest in the matter make one or more of the following orders in relation to a Civil Partnership.
1. an order declaring that the Civil Partnership was at its inception a valid Civil Partnership
2. An order declaring that the Civil Partnership subsisted on a date specified in the application
3. An order declaring that the Civil Partnership did not subsist on a date specified in the application other than the date of its inception
1.The court may only make an order if one of the Civil Partners is domiciled in Ireland on the date of the application.
2. Has been ordinarily been resident in Ireland throughout the period of one year immediately preceding the date of the application
3. Dies before the date of the application and was at the time of death domiciled in Ireland or had been ordinarily resident in the state throughout the period of one year immediately preceding the date of the application.
The courts can make property adjustment orders, pension orders , Maintenance orders etc.
Maura Hurley Solicitors can assist you with advice and preparing the application for court and provides a nationwide service.
A qualified Co-Habitant means an adult who was in a relationship of Co-Habitation with another adult and who immediately before the time the relationship ended whether through death or otherwise was living with the other adult as a couple for a
1. Period of 2 years or more in the case where they are the parents of one or more children and
2. 5 Years or more i any other case
The court has the Jurisdiction to make property adjustment orders, Pension Adjustment Orders, Maintenance Orrders and Custody and Access orders and any other orders within the Jurisdiction of the Courts.
Maura Hurley Solicitors can advise and assist you with the preparation of the application and she provides a nationwide service.
Contact Maura Hurley today on 086 778 7444 or contact here